Official Promotion Rules
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of Big Country 105.7 WQAH, 219 Chestnut Street, NW, Hartselle, AL 35640 during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Big Country 105.7 WQAH, P.O. Box 1048, Hartselle, AL 35640-1048.
- All contests are open to the general public except for employees, agents and subsidiaries and affiliates of Abercrombie Broadcasting FM, Inc., participating sponsors, their immediate families, and household members.
- As a licensee of the FCC and trustee of the public airwaves, Big Country 105.7 WQAH reserves the right to interrupt or discontinue a contest or promotion at any time without any advanced notice to the public.
- Station reserves the right to limit the number of times an individual may enter a contest or drawing.
- An individual may win an on-going contest only once per thirty (30) day period unless otherwise specifically stated. An individual may win other seasonal or one-time contests only once for the duration of the contest.
- An individual may win only one (1) promotion which includes airfare (flyways) and/or overnight accommodations per calendar year.
- Contestants and winners for all out of town (i.e. flyways or prizes which include hotel accommodations must be 21 years of age or older.
- Any overnight accommodations (unless otherwise specified) are non-transferable, and must be used on the date specified in the contest.
- Station may, at its discretion, set age limits on entry into any contest or other restrictions as deemed necessary.
- All state, local, federal and/or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner of that prize.
- All prizes are awarded "as is"
- No purchase necessary to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law
- Gifts are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged.
- All entry blanks, forms, devices and materials, as well as all the information (contained on or within) that is gathered during the course of entry shall become the sole property of the station to be used, disposed of, or destroyed at the discretion of the station.
- All entrants and winners agree that Abercrombie Broadcasting FM, Inc. (dba Big Country 105.7) may broadcast or publish their name, city of residence, photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including their voice, recorded or live, for any reason they deem necessary without compensation and further agrees to hold Abercrombie Broadcasting and its station harmless and without liability for such publications, broadcast, or use.
- All entrants and winners agree that Abercrombie Broadcasting FM, Inc. (dba Big Country 105.7), and their affiliates, shall have no liability and shall be held blameless for any injury, misfortune, or damage to either persons or property insured by entering, participating in, winning, or losing any contest by use or non-use of any prize received.
- All participants agree to provide Big Country 105.7 their name, address, phone number and social security number for (prizes valued at $600 or greater). Failure to supply the required information makes the contestant ineligible. This will ONLY be used for processing necessary information as it pertains to prizes.
- Prize winners agree to waive claim of royalty, right of further compensation for any such promotional use and agree not to appear on, or on behalf of, any other radio or television station for a period of six (6) months after acceptance of prize. This includes but is not limited to, participating in any other radio or television station contest for the stated period.
- The station reserves the right to issue particular rules pertaining to a particular contest and they shall be considered part and parcel of these Official Promotion Rules*.
- In the event of a tie, the winner of any contest shall be determined by random drawing or another means deemed appropriate by the station.
- The announcer on the air or the person conducting the drawing or contest will determine all winners and their decision shall be final.
- All prizes must be claimed in person at the station studio between the hours of 9am and 5pm and within thirty (30) days of winning, excluding holidays or before the day of the event. After such time, ownership of said prize(s) reverts back to the station to be disposed of at the sole discretion of the station with the winner losing all claims and rights to said prize. Proper identification must be presented to claim prizes and winners will be asked to sign a disclaimer – stating the winner has picked up their prize and understand that they are eligible to win after the thirty (30) days from the date won, and only one person per household can win every thirty (30) days, unless otherwise specified.
- All station winners must claim their prize within the allotted time unless prior arrangements have been made with the station management.
- Prizes such as t-shirts, CDs and other items too large or heavy to be sent in a standard sized envelope using a single postage stamp will not be mailed unless the winner provides (in advance) adequate postage. Items such as tickets, gift cards, etc. may be mailed to the winner at the discretion of the Big Country Staff. Winners must understand that Big Country is not responsible for the United States Postal Service's failure to deliver mail, or delivery in a timely manner.
- All prizes won will be available for pick up the following day after noon. Winners of cash prizes will be notified when available.
- All checks and prizes will be held for thirty (30) days or up until day of event for pick up.
- If prizes are not picked up within thirty (30) days of the date won or before the day of event, the person is still considered a contest winner and must adhere to the rules of eligibility.
- The station shall not be responsible for the failure of participating sponsors to deliver prizes as promised.
- Violations of any of these rules or attempts to win any contest by fraud, deception, or cheating shall be grounds for the station to disqualify that individual from participating in all current and future contests and events at the sole discretion of the station as well as forfeiture of any prize(s) won by fraudulent means.
- A W-9 will be required for any prize won on Big Country 105.7 with a value equal to or greater than $600. A 1099 will be issued and all taxes will be the winner’s responsibility.
- These rules are in addition to those set forth by the state of Alabama.
- If the station winner is under the age of 18 years old, a parent or guardian must accompany the winner.
- Anyone who wins one thousand ($1,000) dollars or more in cash, prizes or a combination or both is not eligible to win again for a period of one (1) year.
- All calls on the contest line may be recorded for possible playback use.
- Abercrombie Broadcasting FM, Inc. assumes no responsibility for the listeners/winners inability to get through on the contest line(s) due to failure of equipment, power failure or access to WQAH.com.
- Abercrombie Broadcasting FM, Inc. does not assume responsibility for events cancelled and/or re-scheduled, and is not responsible for replacing tickets/prizes already won to the events cancelled, nor is Abercrombie Broadcasting responsible for lost or stolen prizes.
- Abercrombie Broadcasting FM, Inc. reserves the right to change these and any contest rules at any time without prior notice.
*Register to Win: These rules apply to All "Register to Win" promotions. Entries will be submitted either online and/or at a designated location, as specified by the contest. Winning entries are drawn at random and are announced on the air as determined by the specifics of the contest. Entrants do not have to be present to win, unless otherwise specified. The winning entry will be announced on the air at a time specified by the requested personality or a member of station management. The winner is eligible to win other contests Big Country is executing. Winners have thirty (30) days or before day of event to pick up their prize(s) from Big Country 105.7. These contests are carried out at various times during the year.
*RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION
In exchange for the right to participate in contests executed by Abercrombie Broadcasting FM, Inc. each participant agrees to release and indemnify the station, and its owners, officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries and employees (the "Released Parties"), from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the participant's participations in the contest(s).